Sunday, March 31, 2013

Braves Bullpen

With Jonny Venters (elbow) going to see Dr. James Andrews this week, I thought I'd give a rundown of how I believe the bullpen would be best used.  Let's hope Venters' injury is nothing significant.

High-leverage situations:
- Kimbrel
- (Venters)
- O'Flaherty
- Walden
- Avilan

Low-leverage situations:
- Varvaro
- Gearrin
- Martinez

For situational match-ups, other than Kimbrel, Venters, and O'Flaherty, as they're considered the aces and get most of the eight and ninth innings no matter who's up to bat.  You'll see some repeat names below since I'm confident some of these other guys can get both lefties and righties out.
Vs. RHB
- Walden
- Avilan
- Martinez
- Gearrin

Vs. LHB
- Walden
- Avilan
- Martinez

I'm feeling good about our pen, but I'd feel much better with a healthy Jonny Venters.  Anyone would.

No comments:

Post a Comment